When the Retired Accessories List was announced last month Stampin’ Up! informed us they would be updating their Classic Stampin’ Pads with the NEW Firm Foam Stampin’ Pads.
Some of you have had questions about the change and I’ve been answering them one on one. But with the last day of ordering items from the Retired Accessories List only 3 days away on May 31st! I thought I should share some information about the NEW Firm Foam design. That way, you can make an informed decision as to whether the current retiring ink pads, retiring Stampin’ Spots or whether the NEW Firm Foam Pad is right for you.
The only thing changing is the pad itself – not the color families, and not the case. The new Firm Foam Pad case looks the same and has the same flip-top case design as it currently does.
But as of June 1st, you’ll notice some changes. So… here is the official word from Stampin’ Up!
With the introduction of the Stampin’ Up! 2012-2013 Annual Catalog, we have made exciting changes to our Stampin’ Pads.
We’ll be introducing NEW Stampin’ Up! Firm Foam Ink pads! They change your stamping experience for the better.
We know you’re going to love these new Stampin’ Pads! Just look at all the
exciting benefits listed below:
- Provide better ink coverage for your stamps!
- Light-tap stamping produces flawless images!
- Pad stays juicier for longer resulting in better ink pad longevity!
- Have a crisply printed, glossy label on the top of the pad that is easier to read and that will not fade or chip off!
- Come with color name labels in all four languages (English, Spanish, French, and German) just choose your language, peel it off the back, and add it to the side of the pad for easy identification!
- Use the same patented flip-top case design that stores the inking surface upside down, so the pad surface stays moist!
- Are available in all colors, including our exclusive In Colors!
Please note: Five ink colors have undergone formula changes to improve functionality and color stability with the new firmfoam pads. These colors are:
- Basic Black
- Basic Gray
- Marina Mist
- Perfect Plum
- Tempting Turquoise
All five colors of the reformulated inks have been fully tested and approved. While using the new ink formula in the old Stampin’ Pads is fine, we do not recommend using the old ink formula in the new firm foam pads. Any current color refills purchased after April 30, 2012, will contain the new formulated ink.*
However, the new ink formula for Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise will not be available until June 1. In addition, the
Neutrals, Subtles, and Brights ink color collections will not contain the newly formulated ink for Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise until June 1.
If you have additional questions feel free to contact me.